Saturday 23 March 2013

Big week

Big week or so [why I haven't been blogging].  My birthday - picture taken at the pub by friend and colleague Grant Dixon
 [http://sideways-glance.com/].  My brother Kent and family [minus one adult child] came calling before we depart Nova Scotia.  My [and Vivian's] son had his birthday [just 30 years and a week younger than myself].  Brother and family departed [not as in departed this mortal coil, just left for home].  And now today, our wedding anniversary [Vivian and I, just in case you have lost track of who's who by now] - our 38th.  I don't suspect we will do much for the grand event -- it being a Saturday [day before Sunday] when the wife is busy, not to mention that we need to start the big push to get ready to depart [again, not this mortal coil] for Guyana via Saskatchewan.  New passports have arrived, and Vivian's official Call from the ELCGuyana to make her an official member of that church.
  I have marked my calendar with count-down days so that I can keep track of how close we are to leaving; I need to keep my anxiety/panic level in mid-range so that we can get the work done, but the level doesn't rise too high so that it is incapacitating. Lutherans always live in a dialectic - Law and Gospel, Saint and Sinner.  I should be used to it by now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment